Announcing the 2012-2013 Bicycle Transportation Account (BTA) Call for Projects!
The application form is available at the following website: http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/LocalPrograms/bta/BTACallForProjects.htm
To improve efficiency and accuracy, the application has been designed to allow the export of information to a database. The BTA application must be completed on a computer with Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 or later, installed on the computer used to complete the application.
APPLICATION DEADLINES AND SUBMITTAL
April 27, 2012 – Application Due Date – Applications received or postmarked after this date will not be considered.
The filled-in Adobe form (unprinted, unsigned) file(s) are due via email to Caltrans Headquarters Bicycle Facilities Unit Deborah_lynch@dot.ca.gov
The printed application package(s) due to Caltrans District Local Assistance Office:
Department of Transportation, District 3
Office of Local Assistance
703 B Street
Marysville, California 95901
Attn: James Day, BTA Application
Please follow the instructions. Do not alter the form.
1. Save a copy of the application to the computer. Include the agency name in the file name.
2. Complete the application and save frequently while filling out the application.
3. Send only the live, filled-in application file (unprinted, unsigned) via email attachment to Caltrans Headquarters Bicycle Facilities Unit. This file will be used to export project data.
4. Print the application, sign, and add required attachments.
5. Digitally copy/scan the signed application and required attachments.
6. Save the digital copy/scan of the application package to a CD/DVD.
7. Send or deliver original, printed application package, one paper copy, and the CD/DVD to the Caltrans District Local Assistance Office listed above.
In addition to following the instructions on the application BTA application package must include the following:
- Application completed and signed by an authorized representative of the responsible (implementing) local agency, along with a copy of the signed application.
- Project Vicinity Map detailing the project length, limits, longitude and latitude, land uses and activity centers served by the proposed project.
- Photographs of project area.
- Cross-section Drawing – Include cross-section drawings for bikeway projects showing the project area before and after project implementation.
- Engineer’s Estimate
- Adopted Resolution for 10 Percent Minimum Match – A resolution adopted by the local agency’s council or board committing to the minimum required 10 percent local match. Board/council agenda with item for adoption.
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) – documentation of compliance with the applicable provisions of CEQA by the BTA application submittal date. The lead agency is responsible for preparing the required environmental documentation and submitting it with the application. A “Notice of Exemption” or “Notice of Determination” usually satisfies the requirement. (A letter from the local agency, signed and dated on agency letterhead, making the appropriate environmental determination by noting the CEQA provision specific to the project will also suffice).
- Evidence of project in Bicycle Transportation Plan (BTP) – Include current BTP page(s) where the proposed project is listed.
- Relevant support items – Community support letters, brochures, news clippings, and other project related items may be submitted.