UPDATE 5/14/13: New website for Federal Lands Access Program (FLAP) has been posted at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/LocalPrograms/programInformation.htm
The first solicitation for the Federal Lands Access Program (FLAP) established under MAP-21 has been announced. Project applications are now being accepted to develop a 5-7 year program of up to $130M in projects.
The goal of the Access Program is to improve transportation facilities that provide access to, are adjacent to, or are located within Federal lands. State, county, tribal, or city government agencies that own or maintain the transportation facility are eligible to apply.
FLAP funds are intended for design, construction, or reconstruction and are not intended for maintenance projects (e.g. crack sealing, chip seal, potholes, or drainage repair). More information can be found can be found at the Central Federal Lands Highway and FLAP Implementation Guidance sites.
Applicants must be prepared to provide a 11.47% non-federal match and to have support of the pertinent Federal Land Management Agencies.
If your agency is interested in applying for FLAP funds, please read the Solicitation Letter and Application links provided in this post. Applications are due to FHWA-Central Federal Lands Highway Division (CFLHD) by COB April 30, 2013.
For additional information about the application process or the Access Program, contact Mr. Allen Grasmick, CFLHD’s Federal Lands Access Program Coordinator at (720) 963-3664 or Allen.Grasmick@dot.gov or Ms. Stephanie Lind, CFLHD Transportation Planner at (720) 963-3555 or Stephanie.Lind@dot.gov.
For agency-specific questions, contact:
- Caltrans: April Nitsos, firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Park Service: Justin DeSantis, Justin_DeSantis@nps.gov
- National Forest Service: Melissa Totheroh, email@example.com
- Bureau of Land Management: Paul Fulkerson, Pfulkers@blm.gov
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service: Jeff Holm, Jeff_Holm@fws.gov
- Army Corps of Engineers: Scott Rice, Scott.Rice@usace.army.mil
- Military Surface Deployment Command: Jason Cowin, Jason.Cowin@us.army.mil
PLEASE NOTE: PROJECT APPLICATIONS MUST BE EMAILED OR MAILED DIRECTLY TO FHWA-CFLHD, NOT CALTRANS.