It is that time again! The fall HBP programming survey has arrived. Contact your bridge engineer for a list of projects for your agency that have funds programmed either in current or future yeas of the FTIP.
Michael McCollum, (530) 741-5453, email@example.com
Butte County, Colusa County, Glenn County, Sierra County
Darlene Wulff, (530) 740-4992, firstname.lastname@example.org
El Dorado County, Nevada County, Sutter County, Yuba County
Bob Baca,(530) 741-5121, email@example.com
Sacramento County, Placer County, Yolo County
The reason for this survey is to update the FTIP for all Highway Bridge Program (HBP) and Prop 1B Seismic projects. Some slight modifications to the survey have been made. We are now capturing the authorization milestones*, so please make sure this information is entered on the survey.
- This survey must be returned (email requested) to this office no later than COB, Friday September 12, 2014.
- If the survey is not returned, then your funding needs cannot be addressed, specifically for FFY 14/15. In addition, under Chapter 6 of the LAPG, no responses to the survey indicate a project is not important which could trigger the unilateral cancellation of the project and a requirement that all federal funds be returned to FHWA.
- Cost and schedule changes must be justified in an Exhibit 6D from the Highway Bridge Program Guidelines before the funds can be authorized. The Exhibit 6D must be submitted to and approved by Caltrans (DLAE) prior to the obligation of funds. However, you should include the anticipated changes in the survey form, even if you do not submit the Exhibit 6-D at the same time. Just be aware that the Exhibit 6D package will be required before we can authorize funds per the new programming.
- This survey may include seismic projects with Prop 1B matching funds. Information you submit in this survey must be consistent with LA ODIS information recently submitted.
- For Bridge Preventive Maintenance Plans (BPMP), please multi-year program the projects in the survey. For example, PE and Construction funds may be programmed in multiple years to reflect how your agency will implement the BPMP. Make sure the total project costs match the totals in your BPMP. (Note any revised BPMPs must be submitted to the DLAE no later than 9/30/2014, per the Bridge Preventive Maintenance Guidelines.)
- New candidate bridge projects must have an Exhibit 6A package submitted to the DLAE no later than 09/30/2014. (Do not fill out a blank survey form to program new projects.) Note: You can fill out an Ex. 6-A minimal application, per the instructions at the bottom of page 6-43 of the LAPG.
- Projects with complex Advance Construction (AC) programming are being surveyed using an Excel workbook. The workbook contains a spreadsheet for each project with AC programming. If an Excel workbook is attached to this email, please update each project worksheet and return via email to Caltrans along with the other simplified PDF formatted surveys.
- Please consider using Acrobat’s pdf reader to markup your surveys. You may find it easier than manual methods.
Please be aware that the programming schedule you request is not necessarily what will be programmed in the FTIP. All projects are prioritized based on policies recommended by the HBP Advisory Committee which includes representatives of the LCC and CSAC. Please review these two Office Bulletins on the programming and prioritization process:
Again, please email the completed surveys to the District Local Assistance Engineer by COB, September 12, 2014.